PastaMania Sri Lanka would like to introduce to the Pasta Family the new head chef of PastaMania Sri Lanka. Keep reading and find out about who he is and interesting facts about his history and experience as a chef.
Who is he?
Meet Chef Hasitha Dissanayake, our new head chef. Starting off at our Alfred House Gardens outlet, we are honoured to have him with our team, as we grow our outlets and onto our second location at Shangri-La’s One Galle Face Mall.
Chef Hasitha has spent 12 years in Italy while practicing his profession in culinary arts.
Where did he start off his profession in the industry?
Chef Hasitha has 16 years of experience in the culinary industry. With experience in handling a number of diverse cuisines. Chef Hasitha has devoted most of his time in studying and exploring the Italian Cuisine. He spent 12 years in Italy studying Courses of Culinary Arts and at the World Chef Academy in Roma. He further practiced his profession across places in Milano, Italy.
He has also completed his training and studies in Courses of Culinary Arts in Sri Lanka. And is now a qualified Sous Chef as well as a specialized Italian chef.
Chef Hasitha has practiced his profession in Italy. He mentioned that one of his biggest achievements would be his experience at “Artintavola” Pavia in Milano, Italy.
Throughout his 12 years in Italy, Chef Hasitha was also a chef at the Grand Hotel Villa Torretta in Milano, Italy. The Grand Hotel Villa Torretta is a luxury hotel that was managed by the Giorgio Armani Group and is now a part of the Curio Collection by Hilton.
Apart from his interesting experience and history in Italy, Chef Hasitha is also a member of the ‘Chef’s Guild’ in Sri Lanka. As well as a member of the ‘World Chef Society’.
Chef Hasitha has also been awarded multiple awards at distinguished hotels such as Ramada Hotel, Anantara Tangalle, and Anantara Kihavah Maldives. He has successfully led a strong team during his time at these well-established hotels.
Chef Hasitha has also won multiple awards and certificates for his performance and support provided to his team.
Chef Hasitha has also been given the privilege of being a pre-opening chef at:
- Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort
- Heritance Colombo
- Galway Heights Nuwara Eliya – Executive Chef
- The Commons Coffee House at Hatch
What is his specialty?
- Handmade pastas- Chef Hasitha has a delicate hand to prepare handmade pastas. From mixing the dough to kneading, he has it down to the A.
- Ingredients- Chef Hasitha pays extra attention to the ingredients he uses in his dishes. He has a preference for using fresh ingredients. Allowing him to express the true flavors of his dishes.
- Fusion Dishes – As mentioned before, Chef Hasitha has not just been and working around the Italian Cuisine, but has also experimented and worked across multiple other cuisines. One of Chef Hasitha’s skills are his ‘Fusion Dishes’. He combines ingredients, flavours, and culture of multiple cuisines to create unique and creative dishes. It takes a lot of time and skill to put together a piece of art such as this one.
So, if you ever pass or bump into our head chef be sure to say hello! And if you know your Italian you can even have a friendly conversation with him! (Yes, he is an expert in speaking Italian!)
Take a glimpse at our team who will be serving you, our delicious pastas and pizzas when you visit us at Shangri-La’s One Galle Face Mall!